Graduate Application Processing System (GAPS)
GAPS is a Web-based application processing system designed for Graduate and undergraduate higher education institutions. For more information and a product demo, please contact us.
What happens after the student clicks submit on their online application?
The GAPS system enables faculty, admissions staff, and administrative users at a school to review graduate student applications completely online.
GAPS is a true paperless system that enables faculty and administrators to review applications any time, from anywhere.
Advantage over a pre-packaged solution.
GAPS has the proven performance and robustness to handle the needs of high-volume application processing, even during peak times, yet it offers flexibility no pre-packaged solution can provide. We focus exclusively on application processing and can quickly customize a version of the software for the client’s unique needs.
- Flexible workflow: The workflow and decision tool engine lets users review only the applications they have permissions to view and quickly drill down to those graduate applications they want to see. Each user’s permissions can be fine-tuned to their needs or the requirements of the University.
- Supports centralized and de-centralized admission processes.
- Save hundreds of hours of administrators’ time.
- Superior to document imaging systems.
- Get acceptance letters to applicants faster.
- Online letters of recommendation. Recommenders can submit recommendations online, and applicants can check the status of their application and recommendations online. This saves emails and phone calls to University staff for routine questions on application status.
- Integrated ETS, TOEFL, and GMAT scores. GAPS automatically matches official scores to each application and compares them to self-reported scores, highlighting differences.
- Flexible Application data collection. Accept Applications from Embark / Princeton Review, CollegeNET, or any other Application front end. GAPS can also be customized to accept student applications directly, without the need for a third-party application collection system.
- Compatible with Banner, PeopleSoft and other Student Information Systems. Data is directly accessible by third-party products, using standard tools (SQL).
- Intelligent user interface. The streamlined interface is easy and intuitive to use.
- Flexible user preferences. Users can easily personalize their views of the application data, and other interface features.
- Attached document management. Administrators can attach loose credentials, such as transcripts, test scores, and recommendation letters, to an application in a wide variety of formats. All attachments are automatically converted to standard PDF files.
- Hardcopy and offline use. Users can generate a single PDF file of an application for printing or offline viewing.
- Comprehensive data export features. Authorized users can easily create custom exports of the application data.
Where does your data reside?
We can host the solution for you or place servers in your campus data center. You decide what is best for you. Being a nimble firm enables us to be a member of your team, a technology partner, with in-depth experience in application processing and workflow management.